I was just informed that I was nominated for a Kreativ Blogger Award by Isabelle Gregson. (Her blog is http://www.isabellegregson.blogspot.com/ ). She is an actress in London and has wonderful stories to share. I appreciate this award because she nominate me for writing “beautifully about both the heavy and the whimsy.”
I appreciate that because it makes me feel like someone understands what I am trying to do with this blog, write essays about what I notice in the world–and some of those things are funny and some are very serious.
The responsibilities that go along with this award are to nominate 10 other blogs that I would recommend and to tell you ten things about myself that you wouldn’t know. This feels like a huge responsibility but here goes: I think I will do this in two parts, 5 today and 5 tomorrow. These nominations are in no particular order:
1. Wicked Good Life by Ann Leary. http://www.annleary.com/ Ann’s blog is full of wonderfully human stories, her love of animals and her celebrity and interests. She owns horses and dogs, writes books, is married to an actor and isn’t afraid to tell the truth about here life.
2. Her Own Terms by Marsha Pincus. http://www.marshapincus.com/ I like this blog because Marsha, like me, is a woman in mid-life trying to figure things out.
3. Inner Wisdom Exploration by Patti Frankel. http://www.innerwisdomexploration.com/ Patti uses her poetry to do the inner work that so many of us are trying to do, to understand who we are. She is a wonderful poet.
4. Wandering Thoughts by Yali Szulanski. http://yaliszulanski.blogspot.com/ I have found that Yali’s writing speaks to my soul on many levels. She is very gifted and uses poetry and prose to express herself.
5. La Belle in France by Stephanie McNeil. http://www.labelleinfrance.com/ This blog is fun because Stephanie is an expat living out my dreams in France. There are so many wonderful photos, that you will feel that you are there. Francophiles will love it.
For the 5 facts you don’t know about me:
1. I have terrible stage fright, when behind a podium and turn beet red. If I am sitting down, no problem.
2. I used to love to cook but now I don’t. My husband does love it and he cooks amazing things for us.
3. I am very interested in green living, urban gardening and sustainability issues.
4. I love NYC and would live there in a heartbeat. But I think I wouldn’t want to live there if I didn’t have the money to not worry about money.
5. When I see a cute photo of a baby or a dog, my husband says he can tell which it is by the way that I say “awwwww.”
More later. Thanks again Isabelle for passing the award on to me. I feel honored.